I made the Cutting Corners quilt top last night. It was so easy that now I feel silly for having fretted about it. I took the measurements provided in the book, multiplied them by 1.66 to get something more queen-sized, cut the pieces, and hoped for the best. I ended up having just enough of the County Fair fabric; I only had a couple of inches left over, and had to piece together a few odds and ends to make it last. It was close.
As I sewed it, I doubted my fabric choices. I was upset that I had picked a fabric for the centre panel that I hadn't seen in person first. In the morning light, however, I think it looks quite lovely and I'm very pleased. I think part of my problem with the Volumes fabric is that I made myself sick of it, looking at pictures of it every day, thinking about it all the time, etc. The fabric is really quite beautiful, though.
I'm looking forward to The Workroom's Quilt Sunday this weekend. I can't wait to see this quilt when it's finished!
I hope they'll like it!