1. Cats, kittens, and also, cat sweaters! I used to be more of a dog person but I like how cats are quiet and don't need to go outside to pee! There's an animal hospital down the street that has kittens in the window; walking past and kitten-spotting is one of the greatest joys of my life. Especially when they're awake and tumbling around.
2. Thrifting. I love going when I'm feeling kind of sad because I find it soothing. I walk around aimlessly for hours and I pick through everything. Also, antiques markets. I chalk that up to being a little bit nosy and getting to pick through other people's things (here's a tip: if you're a naturally curious / nosy person, become an archivist! Then you can do it professionally!).
3. Lovely mail!
4. Little treats, like a few bites of a very good pastry or a hot chocolate with whipped cream. But really I am not so delicate as that and also like eating cupcakes in a few bites.
5. Skirts and dresses! I don't pay attention to pants or jeans because I never wear them! Remember when you were a little kid and got a good twirling skirt? I still love that (or at least thinking about it, because I don't wear many twirling skirts these days).
6. Taking the occasional vacation day and doing absolutely nothing special with it at all, just puttering around, going for a walk, etc.
I'm not going to tag anyone for the moment, but I'd love to read your lists. xo