I’ve decided to start having a regular “repository” of things I come across, because people keep making and doing beautiful and amazing things and I feel compelled to share. I know that plenty of other blogs do this already, and I've certainly done it before (again, not in a regular sort of way) but I hope I can put my own personal stamp on it, somehow.
With apologizes and reverence to Kate Miss, Diana Moss, etc.!
I love the SS 2012 lookbook for Montreal label Ursa Minor. The photography (by Francesca Tallone) is precisely the kind that makes me think “I wish I had taken that photograph.” Pitch-perfect tones. More information can be found on Elizabeth’s blog.
1. Photography by Valerie Chiang.
2. I came across a detail of this painting on Pinterest and can’t seem to find the name of it or the name of the gallery that owns it (or if it’s in a private collection, etc.). It sure is beautiful, though. It’s by Adolphe Étienne Piot (1850–1910) and the lady in it reminds me of Michelle Williams.
3. An English rose via Wildfox.
4. A beautiful hanging by FleurLux, found via Ashley Helvey.
5. Elizabeth (above) recently posted about her friend Dara’s jewelry, and I immediately snapped up one of the necklaces. It might end up in my box of things I’m saving for the wedding (I seem to be superstitious about these things and don’t want to use them in advance!).
6. I had to share this: Karl Lagerfeld’s new kitten Choupette, three rosebuds tall, via V Magazine.
(Background image of a detail at Céline spring 2012)
A few other things:
-This blog was selected as an “up and coming” blog at Alt Summit, so if you’ve been reading for a while, give yourself a pat on the back!
-An interview with me for Ace Camps is here.
-I contributed to a lil’ post about winter on Francesca’s new Lawrence journal with some of my favourite ladies.