1. I saw this image posted to Laura’s Instagram account (laurakitty) and now I can’t wait to get my hands on the March issue of Elle UK. Clémence Poésy in Valentino, photographed by Pierre Bailly, and styled by Leith Clark. Beautiful! Incidentally, I got out of bed ten minutes later than I had wanted to the day this video was posted because I had to watch the whole thing: soft tonal makeup video by Lisa Eldridge.
2. Yesterday I heard that the March issue of Mojo is going to include a CD of Leonard Cohen covers, and I love this Bill Callahan cover of “So Long, Marianne.” I have listened to it approximately 8748273 times already. True story: for a short while I worked for a rare/fine book dealer who knew Leonard Cohen personally, and apparently one time over lunch my boss tried to convince him to give up the music and focus on writing poetry only. He told me this very sheepishly.
3. Sweet Alyson has just opened a print shop! I love this piece, The Pink Palace, and not only because it has a kitten in it (although I do love the kitten as well). I adore her quiet, calm aesthetic.
4. Pictures I ran through Instagram and never actually posted of my current daily makeup: Baby Lips lip balm, tons of blush (Sephora’s own in Healthy Rose), and the eyebrow powder I got from Eye Love. I am kind of obsessed with the Maybelline Baby Lips balms. There are probably lots of moisturizing lip products with a slight tint out there (including some with more natural ingredients) but I guess I am a sucker for inexpensive things in cute packaging. In the picture of me I’m wearing Cherry Me.
5. Pastel wonderland at the ASOS SS12 preview via one of my favourite blogs, Park & Cube.
6. A cute short/mood piece (!) called “After the Honeymoon” made by East Side Bride for Catbird. I would like all of those rings, please. Behind the scenes shot via ESB, taken by Cary Tijerina. Bonus little puppy alert! (Watch the video.)
7. Really loving Montréal designer Eve Gravel’s SS12 collection, especially the dark florals.
8. & 9. I can’t say that I am really that excited for Valentine’s Day, but I love an excuse for a good heart-shaped object, like these heart-shaped sunglasses from ASOS or these hilarious heart brass knuckles from Summerland.
I definitely encourage a Valentine’s day heart confetti attack/glitter gold mess just like the one we made last Friday!