I haven’t been talking about our upcoming wedding too much, and recently I realized that some of our acquaintances don’t know that the wedding is only three months away. There aren’t many events that are so personal, and despite having this blog, Geoff and I are both somewhat shy and introverted. Our wedding will ultimately be fairly traditional, and I have to wait and see how much we will choose to share.
However, since wedding preparation has taken over my brain/free time/income/sleep, I thought I would share some of the wedding items that I have come across and enjoyed, in that vast ocean of wedding items. They’ll probably give an idea of what I have been collecting: lots of blush and pale peach, grey, white, and gold, and we seem to have stumbled into an inadvertent, subtle sky & stars theme (I can’t say that I’m really one for themes, but it just happened). There probably isn’t much in here that is new to anyone with a Pinterest account, but I am fine with it looking like a wedding from 2012, because that is what it will be! I’m actually excited to make things for it, because I love making things, and I so rarely give myself the opportunity. It gets my mind off of despairing about my relatively tiny budget.
1. I got this locket and I fully intend to put a picture of my cats in it and attach it to my bouquet. What?
2. Giant Dwarf’s Starlette Crown. There is a sale on at Fab at the moment, if you’re interested.
3. I don’t think the men in our small wedding party will wear bowties (I am making what I hope will be the last three neckties I ever make in my life), but these ones by Preston and Olivia are cute. I like the point.
4. I love traditional papel picado. I even asked Bre if she could hunt down a box of it for me during one of her recent trips to Mexico (I also have a little fantasy of having mariachis play at the reception, because how fun would that be?).
5. A beautiful bouquet.
6. A rose briar flower crown made by Alexandra Grecco exclusively for Summerland. I have this one and it is so sweet!
7. I love this dress, but it seems to have made its way into the internet’s collective lace dress inspiration folder, the source lost. (ETA: Thanks, Amy! Dress is by Emannuelle Junqueira.)
8. Pretty paper flowers from Frances and Francis.
9. Printable stationery from Hermia’s Wishes. A really nice idea!
10. I really love these pretty cake flowers from Fleur Lux.
11. Another flower crown made of silk flowers, from Mignonne Handmade. My mother wore a flower crown when she got married in 1975, and I am very fond of them.
12. Pretty flats with a rosy tip. I might get these for my bridesmaid & maid of honour (their dresses will be dark blue), if they like them.
13. Kraft paper, white ink, a nice script. Beautiful! From a fancy wedding on MSW.
Who doesn’t love Confetti System? Instant party.