(Incidentally! We’ll be putting our Etsy and Big Cartel shops in vacation mode while we’re away, so if there was something you had your eye on, today will be your last chance for a bit.)
A little inspiration: Vanessa Jackman’s photos of the Algarve, The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa, and the epic film Mysteries of Lisbon. Below, a wishlist of sorts.
(Top image: the Palácio de Queluz)
1. I’ve packed this Massimo Dutti silk dress to take with me, and I hope it won’t get too crushed in transit. Something with the word “romantic” in its name seems very appropriate for a romantic city.
2. Forever coveting Scout & Catalogue’s entire, erm, catalogue. The “viaje” clutch seems appropriate as well (“viaje” means “journey” in Spanish).
3. Love this shoulder bag/backpack from Ora, a Vancouver-based maker of leather goods. Pink!
4. Abarcas/avarcas, the shoe of the summer. For good reason: so comfy and perfect for wandering over cobblestoned streets.
(Background image: a picture I took with my Diana Mini)
5. I like to spritz with this rosewater spray when it gets hot. Refreshing!
6. This would be a really nice beach coverup. Love kaftans!
7. Such a pretty bracelet.
8. We picked up the Wallpaper* guide for Lisbon and while we are not the sort who live a Wallpaper* lifestyle, it features such beautiful photography that it made us extra excited for our trip. I wish we could visit all the spas in the guide!
9. A cute beach towel.
(Top image: Costa da Caparica beach as seen from above)
10. I tried to get a tan this summer and it felt weird. I definitely prefer keeping my face out of the sun! This hat is so sweet.
11. A gorgeous straw tote for a towel, sunscreen, sandals, and book.
12. OLO’s Tulare (grass/jasmine/orange/wood) will be my go-to scent for this trip, I think.
13. I was just introduced to this local swimwear line, Waiwah, and I love it all. The rose and sky colours of the Nixie Cut-Out make it my dream swimsuit.
14. More S&C, this time a scarf for chilly nights.