1. A new blog I’ve been enjoying lately is Quaintrelle, by Toronto publicist Ashley Bartlett. She started a series called The Portrait, and yours truly was the first subject. Thanks, Ashley!
2. I’ve shared a photo of our Christmas tree on Instagram, and received a few comments/questions about my narwhal ornament. I thought I had posted about them last year, but apparently I didn’t! I used this pattern from Grainline Studio (there’s actually a grey one and a white one on my tree but the white is a little camouflaged). Easy to make even without a sewing machine.
3. A little while ago Kelly from Design Crush designed a couple of calendars, Bloggers Love Cats and Bloggers Love Dogs, and asked a few of us to contribute to it. My Pony is in the calendar wearing a pineapple hat! All proceeds go the Humane Society of the United States, which is wonderful. You can purchase and download the calendars on Etsy.
4. A few of my favourite independent boutiques are now featured on the website Garmentory, where you can view and make offers on sale items from those shops. It’s a pretty neat concept, and I enjoyed this little Q&A with Summerland. The boutiques on Garmentory are pretty much the coolest ones.
5. I think that Sarah peeked inside my brain when she styled the Cursive Design fall/winter 2013 lookbook. Soft white fluff and a soft white kitty and the prettiest jewelry.
6. I have recently become completely addicted to Mila Fragrance’s bath oil in Chiara. There’s nothing like a warm bath when it’s cold, and this one smells sensuous and earthy and leaves my skin so soft. Love it.
A lovely gift that I received recently is a set of custom stamps from Sycamore Street Press, from the Versailles Collection: a pretty monogram and a return address stamp (edited here, obviously!) which I plan to use on our holiday cards. As you can see, they are so beautiful and special. Thanks, Eva!